July 3, 2008

Panic Button, Among Other Things

"The panic button alarm is an amusing sound," my mother was squaking on the other end of the line. "If you like nails on a chalk board." She continued. "If you like to eat stringy cheese." My mother hated that stuff. I never bothered to find out why. "Like that kidnapper that kidnapped those three kids, he must think that that the panic button alarm is an amusing sound." Honestly I wouldn't know. I don't even know what sound she was refering to. That and I had only kidnapped 1. I don't know who kidnapped the other two, but it ain't me.

"Yes, he must, Ma. I have to go to work now." I told my mother, then hung up the phone without waiting for her to answer me. I turned it off and ripped the battery out. That way, they couldn't trace the residual signal. I might've been a hick, but I ain't stupid, or nothing like that. I turned to the sack before me. The kid inside it was whimpering and wriggling around. I hated that kid.

I turned my attention to the crates. On top of it sat my laptop, open. I made sure that the correct audio files were opened then I called the kid's parents.