July 2, 2008

IV of Caffeine

Every once in a while, I wonder if I'm actually insane. But in this moment, I'm not wondering that. I'm already suffering from withdrawal symptoms. A headache that won't go away. Parker, my pet pig follows me silently. Since the event, everyone started bringing their dog with them everywhere, among other essential items; such as phone, and a weapon. I stumble up a large pile of rocks. Parker grunts and looks at the rocks before him. With my free hand, I rub my face. I forgot briefly, while I was thinking about dogs, how pigs can't make it up such pile of rocks. I hop down beside Parker, which startles him, and he lets out a quiet squeal.

I look back at the rocks and wonder how badly I need my caffeine. Am I willing to risk my life and Parker's life for it? Not yet. While I am willing to risk my life for it, I'm not willing to risk Parker's life for it. Which means that I'll have to find a way around the pile of rocks. With a pistol in one hand, and Parker in another, there was no way I was going to be able to scale the small crumbled concrete mountain before us. That and the headache that was threatening to rip my body in half. I grit my teeth and rub my temples. Parker nudges his snout against my leg.

"I'm ok." I tell him, still rubbing my temple. He flicks his ears, as if to say, "Yea, and I'm really Jesus Christ reborn." That's why I have a pig and not a dog. Pigs are smarter than dogs, and much easier to communicate with. I straighten up and stepover Parker. "Come on." I tell him. "I need to meet my dealer. I need my IV of caffeine"